Get eBooks and Audiobooks from Your Library!
Where to start?
There are two options to start, the choice is yours:
- On your computer visit delaware.overdrive.com. Press the Sign In button and enter your library card number.
- Download the Libby app from your device's app store. Libby is the easiest way to start borrowing items. Libby Help
How long can I borrow items?
At the moment, you can borrow ebooks for a max of 14 days and audiobooks a max of 21 days.
Do I need to return the items?
You do not need to return items, they will automatically be returned once the borrow period is over. However, if you finish a book or audiobook early, it is a good idea to return that item early so that people waiting can get it sooner.
I want to send ebooks to my Kindle E-Reader. How do I do that?
When you borrow an ebook there will be an option that says "Read now with Kindle" If you do not see that option you should check your preferences and settings so that Kindle is the preferred device. When you press "Read now with Kindle," it will send you to Amazon to log in. It is important that you log into Amazon with the email address that is associated with your Kindle E-Reader. From there, you will have the option to send the ebook to a device associated with the account. If you are having a hard time, make sure that you are choosing your e-reader from the option on Amazon and that your e-reader is connected to the internet. Take a look at this help page if you need assistance
What is the deliver later option?
Deliver later is a great way to control when you are ready for a new ebook or audiobook. You can suspend the item for a certain amount of days that you choose until you are ready. You won't lose your place in the hold line and the next person will get the copy. When your suspension date ends, you'll get the item when it becomes next available.
Tips and Tricks Using Libby:
- Make sure your preferences are set to the 14 days for e-books and 21 days for audiobooks.
- Keep up with your max amount of holds. The more holds you have set, the more audiobooks and ebooks will come available to you in the future. Use in conjunction with deliver later.
- Recommend the library system buy items that aren't available. You can recommend a title for purchase every 14 days.
For more help, visit the Libby Help Website, use Ask a Librarian, or give us a call at 302-436-8195.