Selbyville Public Library is now offering curbside pick up of items. This is a contactless service that we are offering our patrons. Please watch the video or read the information below on how this will work. Please note that the actual library building will remain closed to the public until further notice.
Item order and pick up is available during the following hours:
- Monday: 10am - 2pm
- Tuesday: 10am - 2pm
- Wednesday: 3pm- 7pm
- Thursday: 2pm - 6pm
- Friday: 10am - 2pm
Curbside Pick-up Procedure:
- Place items on hold using the Online Delaware Library Catalog, using the Delaware Library Catalog mobile app, or by calling us at 302-436-8195. Video tutorial: How To Place Holds Online
- If you receive a text or email notification, please call us to schedule a pick up time. If your notification preference is a phone call, we will contact you to schedule a pick up time.
- Phone orders and pick up times are Monday, Tuesday, and Friday between 10-2 or Wednesday from 3-7 or Thursday 2-6.
- Call us when you arrive at the library to pick up your items.
- Your items will be placed on the table outside. We will give you additional directions as needed.
- Please stay 6 feet away from the staff and other patrons at all times.
- All items should be returned in the dropbox.
- Items will go through a 3-day quarantine after they are returned
- When will the library open?
- We don’t know. We will be acting with guidance from the Delaware Division of Libraries, Sussex County Department of Libraries, and the Selbyville Public Library Board of Commissioners.
- What measures has the library taken to ensure safety?
- The library has enhanced its regular cleaning regimen and has adopted quarterly electrostatic disinfection. Staff members frequently clean touched surfaces, wear masks and gloves, and practice social distancing. All incoming items undergo a 72-hour quarantine process before being reshelved.
- I returned my items, why are they still on my account?
- All incoming items are placed into a 72-hour quarantine. During that time, the items will remain on your account. They will be checked in the morning after the end of the quarantine period.
- Why is it taking so long for me to get my holds?
- There are a couple of reasons. Since many libraries are operating with reduced hours, transit doesn’t come as frequently. Due to the 72 hours of quarantine time, it is taking longer for items to get back into transit.